My Stuff

https://umass-my.sharepoint.com/:f:/g/personal/rwolff_umass_edu/EkxJV79tnlBDol82i7bXs7gBAUHadkylrmLgWbXv2nYq_A?e=UcbbW0

Coming Soon:

The following books by Robert Paul Wolff are available on Amazon.com as e-books: KANT'S THEORY OF MENTAL ACTIVITY, THE AUTONOMY OF REASON, UNDERSTANDING MARX, UNDERSTANDING RAWLS, THE POVERTY OF LIBERALISM, A LIFE IN THE ACADEMY, MONEYBAGS MUST BE SO LUCKY, AN INTRODUCTION TO THE USE OF FORMAL METHODS IN POLITICAL PHILOSOPHY.
Now Available: Volumes I, II, III, and IV of the Collected Published and Unpublished Papers.

NOW AVAILABLE ON YOUTUBE: LECTURES ON KANT'S CRITIQUE OF PURE REASON. To view the lectures, go to YouTube and search for "Robert Paul Wolff Kant." There they will be.

NOW AVAILABLE ON YOUTUBE: LECTURES ON THE THOUGHT OF KARL MARX. To view the lectures, go to YouTube and search for Robert Paul Wolff Marx."





Total Pageviews

Tuesday, June 30, 2009

HEALTH CARE REFORM: ALL POLITICS ARE LOCAL

As soon as Susie and I moved down to North Carolina I signed up for the Obama campaign, and worked my tail off entering data, registering voters outside supermarkets, and walking door to door. My primary focus was on the presidential race, of course, but I also gave money to the effort by Kay Hagen to unseat the egregious Elizabeth Dole and enlarge to Democrats' margin in the Senate. Well, we were successful. We elected a Democratic governor, a Democratic senator, and we even carried North Carolina for Obama by 11,000 votes.
Now I discover that our new Democratic senator is OPPOSED to the public option in the proposed bill, which is as much as to say that she is opposed to serious reform. This is not what we worked so hard for here in North Carolina. There is nothing for it but to get out the phone lists, crank up the machine, and start putting pressure on her to reverse course.
I called her Senate office, of course, and made my views known, but all I got from the young man who answered the phone was doubletalk.
Sigh. Nobody said it was going to be easy.
Senator Hagen's Senate Office Phone Number: 202-224-6342

No comments: