Coming Soon:

The following books by Robert Paul Wolff are available on Amazon.com as e-books: KANT'S THEORY OF MENTAL ACTIVITY, THE AUTONOMY OF REASON, UNDERSTANDING MARX, UNDERSTANDING RAWLS, THE POVERTY OF LIBERALISM, A LIFE IN THE ACADEMY, MONEYBAGS MUST BE SO LUCKY, AN INTRODUCTION TO THE USE OF FORMAL METHODS IN POLITICAL PHILOSOPHY.
Now Available: Volumes I, II, III, and IV of the Collected Published and Unpublished Papers.

NOW AVAILABLE ON YOUTUBE: LECTURES ON KANT'S CRITIQUE OF PURE REASON. To view the lectures, go to YouTube and search for "Robert Paul Wolff Kant." There they will be.

To contact me about organizing, email me at rpwolff750@gmail.com




Total Pageviews

Wednesday, August 4, 2010

THE CONVERSATION

Tomorrow, I am going to try to say a few things to set the stage for the conversation I suggested we have, about the theoretical presuppositions of competing ideologies. I am not really concerned about the labels we place on the different positions. Rather, I want to get beneath the labels to what underlies the positions. Perhaps the best way to proceed is for me to lay that out in a post, and then allow a couple of days for comments and guest blog posts and such before we move on. In the meantime, I will continue to comment on the passing scene. [I mean, can one really pass over in silence the touching romantic comedy of Bristol Palin and Levi Johnston?] Let's try it and see how it goes.

2 comments:

建邱勳 said...

聰明人之所以不會成功,是因為他們缺乏了堅忍的毅力。.................................................

NotHobbes said...

I may not contribute as often or anyhwere near as persuasively/effectively as many of the others taking part but I`ll do my utmost.