My Stuff

https://umass-my.sharepoint.com/:f:/g/personal/rwolff_umass_edu/EkxJV79tnlBDol82i7bXs7gBAUHadkylrmLgWbXv2nYq_A?e=UcbbW0

Coming Soon:

The following books by Robert Paul Wolff are available on Amazon.com as e-books: KANT'S THEORY OF MENTAL ACTIVITY, THE AUTONOMY OF REASON, UNDERSTANDING MARX, UNDERSTANDING RAWLS, THE POVERTY OF LIBERALISM, A LIFE IN THE ACADEMY, MONEYBAGS MUST BE SO LUCKY, AN INTRODUCTION TO THE USE OF FORMAL METHODS IN POLITICAL PHILOSOPHY.
Now Available: Volumes I, II, III, and IV of the Collected Published and Unpublished Papers.

NOW AVAILABLE ON YOUTUBE: LECTURES ON KANT'S CRITIQUE OF PURE REASON. To view the lectures, go to YouTube and search for "Robert Paul Wolff Kant." There they will be.

NOW AVAILABLE ON YOUTUBE: LECTURES ON THE THOUGHT OF KARL MARX. To view the lectures, go to YouTube and search for Robert Paul Wolff Marx."





Total Pageviews

Friday, May 27, 2011

IN A HOLDING PATTERN

I am, as they say in the airline industry, in a holding pattern at the moment. I am struggling to figure out how to do the new tutorial that I described several days ago. It may involve scanning some portions of Mannheim's Ideology and Utopia and Wilmsen's Land Filled With Flies into an optical character recognition program so that I can post selections on my blog as part of the tutorial.

Meanwhile, the political scene has turned so freaky that even my evolved powers of schadenfreude are inadequate to do it justice. Bear with me as I work things out. Perhaps after Memorial Day I shall be able to start the tutorial.

2 comments:

Noumena said...

Depending on what you'd like to do with these books, you may be able to let Google do the scanning for you. Or, rather, just take advantage of the scanning that Google has already done. Large passages of both seem to be readily available for free reading on Google Books:

Mannheim, Ideology and utopia

Wilmsen, Land filled with flies

Google Books doesn't have a convenient way to `turn' directly to a given page. But it does have a search box -- on the left -- that can be used to find a passage by typing in a few sentences. The `Link' button on the upper right generates a URL that you can put in here for us to follow. There isn't a nice way to copy-and-paste text from Google Books, unfortunately.

Robert Paul Wolff said...

Wow. This is extraordinary. Thank you. I am going to spend a little time figuring out how to factor this into what I want to do. This opens up all sorts of possibilities.

Thank you again .