1. When you are cooking in the kitchen, anything that falls on the floor is safe to eat if you pick it up within fifteen seconds.
2. Butter and salt are good for you in Paris.
3. If you are on a diet, the little tastes of things they give you in fancy food stores have no calories in them. On the other hand, reading the dessert menu in a restaurant is 100 calories.
4. Steve Roberts is a good reporter and is not to be held responsible for the fatuous things that his wife, Cokie Roberts, says.
5. [This one is for visiting foreigners] In the American traffic light system, green means go, red means stop, and yellow means speed up.