My Stuff

https://umass-my.sharepoint.com/:f:/g/personal/rwolff_umass_edu/EkxJV79tnlBDol82i7bXs7gBAUHadkylrmLgWbXv2nYq_A?e=UcbbW0

Coming Soon:

The following books by Robert Paul Wolff are available on Amazon.com as e-books: KANT'S THEORY OF MENTAL ACTIVITY, THE AUTONOMY OF REASON, UNDERSTANDING MARX, UNDERSTANDING RAWLS, THE POVERTY OF LIBERALISM, A LIFE IN THE ACADEMY, MONEYBAGS MUST BE SO LUCKY, AN INTRODUCTION TO THE USE OF FORMAL METHODS IN POLITICAL PHILOSOPHY.
Now Available: Volumes I, II, III, and IV of the Collected Published and Unpublished Papers.

NOW AVAILABLE ON YOUTUBE: LECTURES ON KANT'S CRITIQUE OF PURE REASON. To view the lectures, go to YouTube and search for "Robert Paul Wolff Kant." There they will be.

NOW AVAILABLE ON YOUTUBE: LECTURES ON THE THOUGHT OF KARL MARX. To view the lectures, go to YouTube and search for Robert Paul Wolff Marx."





Total Pageviews

Wednesday, February 6, 2013

DOES ANYONE KNOW WHAT IS GOING ON?

As I have observed before, every so often Bruce Leiter, Professor of Law and Philosophy at the University of Chicago and author of the most widely read blog in the academic field of Philosophy, gives my little blog a hat tip and link, and suddenly my daily visits, as recorded by Google, shoot up from five or six hundred to two thousand or more.  Then things settle down, the visitors depart, and my small community of faithful readers slogs along.  Yesterday, visits suddenly jumped to 1474 [at least so far as Google is able to tell], and today, at not yet ten in the morning, the number has hit 2167.  I checked Leiter's blog, but not a peep.  Either someone else has granted me fifteen minutes of fame, or the world is hungrier than I thought for anything on Karl Marx.  Does anyone know what is going on?

2 comments:

James Camien McGuiggan said...

I told a friend she should read your blog. But she is just one person, so this is perhaps not the answer. :)

P.S. Brian Leiter.

Jacob T. Levy said...

Brian, not Bruce.

From your blogger dashboard (the entry page), click on the down arrow, then "stats." On the next screen, on the left, click on "traffic sources."