My Stuff

https://umass-my.sharepoint.com/:f:/g/personal/rwolff_umass_edu/EkxJV79tnlBDol82i7bXs7gBAUHadkylrmLgWbXv2nYq_A?e=UcbbW0

Coming Soon:

The following books by Robert Paul Wolff are available on Amazon.com as e-books: KANT'S THEORY OF MENTAL ACTIVITY, THE AUTONOMY OF REASON, UNDERSTANDING MARX, UNDERSTANDING RAWLS, THE POVERTY OF LIBERALISM, A LIFE IN THE ACADEMY, MONEYBAGS MUST BE SO LUCKY, AN INTRODUCTION TO THE USE OF FORMAL METHODS IN POLITICAL PHILOSOPHY.
Now Available: Volumes I, II, III, and IV of the Collected Published and Unpublished Papers.

NOW AVAILABLE ON YOUTUBE: LECTURES ON KANT'S CRITIQUE OF PURE REASON. To view the lectures, go to YouTube and search for "Robert Paul Wolff Kant." There they will be.

NOW AVAILABLE ON YOUTUBE: LECTURES ON THE THOUGHT OF KARL MARX. To view the lectures, go to YouTube and search for Robert Paul Wolff Marx."





Total Pageviews

Monday, February 25, 2013

SICK

My computer has caught a virus, and there is nothing to do but unhook it from life support and take it in to the Best Buy Geek Squad for surgery.  I shall be out of touch for several days as a consequence.  Instead of flowers or condolence cards, please donate to Doctors Without Borders.  Believers, if there are any among this blog's readers, are encouraged to pray for a speedy recovery.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Best of luck. In the future, may I suggest using Avast! anti-virus. It has performed far better than the "old standard," Norton Symantec, in recent years. I don't know what you're using now, but I thought I'd throw it out there.

Will said...

Dagnabbit! The plot seemed to be advancing to a crucial turning point. I suppose we have no choice but to wait.

My reaction so far is that the analysis seems correct, and also gels with the concept of reification, which is really just a broader application of Feuerbach's discussion of "species-being" and religion as an alienation from it. We see impersonal roles and relations, where in fact there are humans making choices in relationships.