My Stuff

https://umass-my.sharepoint.com/:f:/g/personal/rwolff_umass_edu/EkxJV79tnlBDol82i7bXs7gBAUHadkylrmLgWbXv2nYq_A?e=UcbbW0

Coming Soon:

The following books by Robert Paul Wolff are available on Amazon.com as e-books: KANT'S THEORY OF MENTAL ACTIVITY, THE AUTONOMY OF REASON, UNDERSTANDING MARX, UNDERSTANDING RAWLS, THE POVERTY OF LIBERALISM, A LIFE IN THE ACADEMY, MONEYBAGS MUST BE SO LUCKY, AN INTRODUCTION TO THE USE OF FORMAL METHODS IN POLITICAL PHILOSOPHY.
Now Available: Volumes I, II, III, and IV of the Collected Published and Unpublished Papers.

NOW AVAILABLE ON YOUTUBE: LECTURES ON KANT'S CRITIQUE OF PURE REASON. To view the lectures, go to YouTube and search for "Robert Paul Wolff Kant." There they will be.

NOW AVAILABLE ON YOUTUBE: LECTURES ON THE THOUGHT OF KARL MARX. To view the lectures, go to YouTube and search for Robert Paul Wolff Marx."





Total Pageviews

Friday, April 25, 2014

CUT ME A LITTLE SLACK

I am afraid if you are going to read this blog you will just have to come to terms with the fact that I am an incurable optimist.  Cool reason and a little historical awareness caution me to treat the Piketty phenomenon as a passing fad, a blip, a momentary breath of not entirely rancid air, but the Tigger in me keeps wanting it to be something more.  It won't hurt anyone if I die believing the world is about to put paid to capitalism.  At my wake you can sit on the ground and tell sad stories about the death of kings.

1 comment:

Seth said...

Eeyore enjoys watching Tigger bounce around, but doesn't like to let on. Let 'er rip!

I tried once again to buy Piketty's book today and the guy at the counter explained that Harvard University Press (shockingly) had not anticipated the demand. Everybody, everywhere is sold out -- even Amazon, according to him anyway. Long lasting or not, this is definitely a breath of fresh air!