My Stuff

https://umass-my.sharepoint.com/:f:/g/personal/rwolff_umass_edu/EkxJV79tnlBDol82i7bXs7gBAUHadkylrmLgWbXv2nYq_A?e=UcbbW0

Coming Soon:

The following books by Robert Paul Wolff are available on Amazon.com as e-books: KANT'S THEORY OF MENTAL ACTIVITY, THE AUTONOMY OF REASON, UNDERSTANDING MARX, UNDERSTANDING RAWLS, THE POVERTY OF LIBERALISM, A LIFE IN THE ACADEMY, MONEYBAGS MUST BE SO LUCKY, AN INTRODUCTION TO THE USE OF FORMAL METHODS IN POLITICAL PHILOSOPHY.
Now Available: Volumes I, II, III, and IV of the Collected Published and Unpublished Papers.

NOW AVAILABLE ON YOUTUBE: LECTURES ON KANT'S CRITIQUE OF PURE REASON. To view the lectures, go to YouTube and search for "Robert Paul Wolff Kant." There they will be.

NOW AVAILABLE ON YOUTUBE: LECTURES ON THE THOUGHT OF KARL MARX. To view the lectures, go to YouTube and search for Robert Paul Wolff Marx."





Total Pageviews

Friday, July 4, 2014

QVELLING

On June 30, Obama held a White House celebration of Gay Pride month.  Here is the fifth paragraph of his remarks:

"Three other people I want to mention.  First of all, Tobias Wolff, who's been advising me since my first presidential campaign and has had a great impact on my administration and how we've thought about a bunch of issues.  Please give Tobias a big round of applause.  (Applause.)"

I am so proud I could burst.  as I have often observed, I really have trophy sons.

4 comments:

David Auerbach said...

Congrats.
(although I spell it 'kvell'.

Jim Westrich said...

Congratulations, that is great.

Bill Glenn Jr. said...

I was so happy to hear about your son's honorable mention that I ran to Google to find out more about him. Imagine my surprise when I discovered that the son of one of my favorite philosophers/bloggers was himself the author of one of my favorite memoirs, "This Boy's Life."

Had I not paused to question that timeline, I would have dutifully proceeded to open my mouth, insert my foot, and look the fool. Thankfully I dodged that bullet. However, for a brief moment, I was overwhelmed by the fleeting realization that your past had been riddled through with more high drama than I had ever imagined.

Seriously though, either your son or that other guy should think about the name Toby. :)

Robert Paul Wolff said...

There seem to be two people in all of America named Tobias Wolff, and at one point, several years ago, they were both teaching at Stanford!!!

That's o.k. One of these days, people will say, "Tobias Wolff -- wasn't there another one who was a writer?" :)