My Stuff

https://umass-my.sharepoint.com/:f:/g/personal/rwolff_umass_edu/EkxJV79tnlBDol82i7bXs7gBAUHadkylrmLgWbXv2nYq_A?e=UcbbW0

Coming Soon:

The following books by Robert Paul Wolff are available on Amazon.com as e-books: KANT'S THEORY OF MENTAL ACTIVITY, THE AUTONOMY OF REASON, UNDERSTANDING MARX, UNDERSTANDING RAWLS, THE POVERTY OF LIBERALISM, A LIFE IN THE ACADEMY, MONEYBAGS MUST BE SO LUCKY, AN INTRODUCTION TO THE USE OF FORMAL METHODS IN POLITICAL PHILOSOPHY.
Now Available: Volumes I, II, III, and IV of the Collected Published and Unpublished Papers.

NOW AVAILABLE ON YOUTUBE: LECTURES ON KANT'S CRITIQUE OF PURE REASON. To view the lectures, go to YouTube and search for "Robert Paul Wolff Kant." There they will be.

NOW AVAILABLE ON YOUTUBE: LECTURES ON THE THOUGHT OF KARL MARX. To view the lectures, go to YouTube and search for Robert Paul Wolff Marx."





Total Pageviews

Thursday, September 10, 2015

HOT OFF THE PRESSES

I have not been posting much in the last  few days because I have been totally absorbed in the creation of the 2014 volume of Pebbles from The Philosopher's Stone.  2014 was an extraordinary year for this blog, the first in which I wrote no tutorials, mini-tutorials, appreciations, and such, which do not get included in the Pebbles volumes.  As a result, this edition of Pebbles is almost twice as long as the previous annuals -- 160,000 words, which is the equivalent of a very long book.

As I read through each post, deciding whether to include it, I was rather surprised to see how much of what I wrote dealt in one way or another with economics.  The pick of the litter, I would think, is the 9000 word review of Thomas Piketty's CAPITAL in the Twenty-first Century, but the volume also contains my extended colloquy with Professors Kliman and Freeman and a great deal more about Marx and Neo-Classical economics.

Despite the focus on economics, the posts exhibit a very broad range of interests, including literature and culture, microbiology, archeology, and of course politics.

The volume has been up-loaded to box.net, accessible as always via the link at the top of this page.  Enjoy.

No comments: