Coming Soon:

The following books by Robert Paul Wolff are available on Amazon.com as e-books: KANT'S THEORY OF MENTAL ACTIVITY, THE AUTONOMY OF REASON, UNDERSTANDING MARX, UNDERSTANDING RAWLS, THE POVERTY OF LIBERALISM, A LIFE IN THE ACADEMY, MONEYBAGS MUST BE SO LUCKY, AN INTRODUCTION TO THE USE OF FORMAL METHODS IN POLITICAL PHILOSOPHY.
Now Available: Volumes I, II, III, and IV of the Collected Published and Unpublished Papers.

NOW AVAILABLE ON YOUTUBE: LECTURES ON KANT'S CRITIQUE OF PURE REASON. To view the lectures, go to YouTube and search for "Robert Paul Wolff Kant." There they will be.

To contact me about organizing, email me at rpwolff750@gmail.com




Total Pageviews

Friday, December 4, 2015

IDIOT'S DELIGHT [A CARD GAME FROM MY YOUTH]

I spent a good deal of time yesterday reading parts of the 150 page on-line user's manual for my new Camcorder and fussing with the on-screen touch buttons, which seem to be useful for just about any task up to and including making breakfast.  But I could not figure out how to record anything.  Then I thought to myself, "Look, this is a mass-produced consumer product.  It is undoubtedly constructed so that any idiot can use it.  Now, I am clearly any idiot.  So I must be able to use it.  Odds are, what you do is point it at what you want to film and press the start button, yes?  So I pointed it at something and pressed the start button.  And I recorded twelve seconds of nothing in particular.  Then I hit the stop button [same button, of course], and the little time counter on the screen stopped counting.  Another fifteen minutes and I had figured out how to replay what I had recorded.  Success!  It turns out I am any idiot.  What a relief.

When my lavalier mic arrives from Amazon, I will try that out as well.  The manual says I can download an app to my IPhone and start and stop the camera remotely, which would be awesome.  We shall see.

No comments: