My Stuff

https://umass-my.sharepoint.com/:f:/g/personal/rwolff_umass_edu/EkxJV79tnlBDol82i7bXs7gBAUHadkylrmLgWbXv2nYq_A?e=UcbbW0

Coming Soon:

The following books by Robert Paul Wolff are available on Amazon.com as e-books: KANT'S THEORY OF MENTAL ACTIVITY, THE AUTONOMY OF REASON, UNDERSTANDING MARX, UNDERSTANDING RAWLS, THE POVERTY OF LIBERALISM, A LIFE IN THE ACADEMY, MONEYBAGS MUST BE SO LUCKY, AN INTRODUCTION TO THE USE OF FORMAL METHODS IN POLITICAL PHILOSOPHY.
Now Available: Volumes I, II, III, and IV of the Collected Published and Unpublished Papers.

NOW AVAILABLE ON YOUTUBE: LECTURES ON KANT'S CRITIQUE OF PURE REASON. To view the lectures, go to YouTube and search for "Robert Paul Wolff Kant." There they will be.

NOW AVAILABLE ON YOUTUBE: LECTURES ON THE THOUGHT OF KARL MARX. To view the lectures, go to YouTube and search for Robert Paul Wolff Marx."





Total Pageviews

Tuesday, August 9, 2016

BIG NEWS

On August 24th, Bernie Sanders will launch a new organization, called Our Revolution.  I got an email and right away gave a hundred dollars.  This is it, folks.  Time to stop complaining and join the movement!  Give money, if like me you are on Easy Street.  Give time and energy if you are not.  But get involved.  This is the best chance in half a century to make a real difference in America.  Bernie is not my ideal movement leader -- not far enough to the left -- but he is the best we will get, and at this moment we have a chance to mobilize tens of millions of people.  If you don't get on this bandwagon, then you lose your bitching rights.

All aboard!

6 comments:

s. wallerstein said...

Bernie is great. He is the perfect media figure to represent the new movement.
He's the Mick Jagger of protest: like Mick, he's spent over 50 years practicing each move, each gesture, each tone of voice, until he's got them perfect.

s. wallerstein said...

email

Robert Paul Wolff said...

Don't know yet. I deleted the announcement after I gave. Google Sanders August 24th.

s. wallerstein said...

I'm going to imagine that Sander is really bright and really wise (as he has shown himself to be until now) and that he realizes that at his age he is not going to be the next Fidel and that given that, Sanders is not going to stand in the way of politics that are more a bit more radical than he is or more filled with youthful creativity than he is and that he is going to use his considerable communicational abilities (the Mick Jagger analogy) to facilitate the growth of a movement that can grow alongside or even beyond him.

wallyverr said...

A few links:

http://www.commondreams.org/news/2016/08/08/not-alone-together-sanders-campaign-declares-creation-our-revolution

https://go.berniesanders.com/page/s/host-ourrevolution?source=tw20160808
https://go.berniesanders.com/page/content/volunteer-hub/

David E. said...

http://secure.actblue.com/ is the link.

This appears to be a PAC to support Democrats at the local level. It looks like it was set up in July with unspent campaign funds.

I gave them $100 as you did -- however, to be honest I expect nothing to come out of this. In fact, I'm a little chagrined that I gave so much. I would have preferred that Bernie's movement operated completely independent of the DNC (it's not like we haven't already seen first-hand what the party is capable of).

I gave an equal amount to the Green Party, with which I have re-registered. Let the great experiment begin: who will use my money most wisely, and for purposes I approve of?