My Stuff

https://umass-my.sharepoint.com/:f:/g/personal/rwolff_umass_edu/EkxJV79tnlBDol82i7bXs7gBAUHadkylrmLgWbXv2nYq_A?e=UcbbW0

Coming Soon:

The following books by Robert Paul Wolff are available on Amazon.com as e-books: KANT'S THEORY OF MENTAL ACTIVITY, THE AUTONOMY OF REASON, UNDERSTANDING MARX, UNDERSTANDING RAWLS, THE POVERTY OF LIBERALISM, A LIFE IN THE ACADEMY, MONEYBAGS MUST BE SO LUCKY, AN INTRODUCTION TO THE USE OF FORMAL METHODS IN POLITICAL PHILOSOPHY.
Now Available: Volumes I, II, III, and IV of the Collected Published and Unpublished Papers.

NOW AVAILABLE ON YOUTUBE: LECTURES ON KANT'S CRITIQUE OF PURE REASON. To view the lectures, go to YouTube and search for "Robert Paul Wolff Kant." There they will be.

NOW AVAILABLE ON YOUTUBE: LECTURES ON THE THOUGHT OF KARL MARX. To view the lectures, go to YouTube and search for Robert Paul Wolff Marx."





Total Pageviews

Friday, April 14, 2017

FRIDAY LIST 11

David Palmeter said...
Regular weekly contribution to Ossoff campaign; contribution to Quist campaign via Our Revolution.
howard berman said...
Committed to monthly payments to ACLU
David Palmeter said...
Since, as I'm reminded at this time of year, I have taxation without representation, I have no member of Congress to call. We in DC do have a "delegate" who has no vote on the floor of the House. I confined my activities to the usual--a donation to the Ossoff campaign and the OurRevolution.
howie berman said...
Wrote email to The Nation divulging my slogan for the opposition, at least my personal approach, "Resist and exist." Not sure how catchy, the point being that keeping our communities viable between acts of resistance is the way to go
Charles Rossi said...
1. Increased my monthly contribution to Planned Parenthood.
2. Contributed again to the Jon Ossoff campaign (there is a contribution multiplier from some person or group). The Georgia Republicans or some group of knuckledraggers has run some awful ads against Ossoff, linking him to Bin Laden as a "mouthpiece for terrorists." Loathsome stuff.
3. Contributed to the campaign of Archie Parnell running as a democrat for the congressional seat in South Carolina vacated by the execrable Mick Mulvaney who became DT's Director of Management and Budget (what has happened to the American Irish who were reliable Democrats once. In PA, we have Toomey as a Club for Growth Senator and Pat Meehan as my local congressmen; both deaf to entreaty).
4. Signed a slew (or is it slough) of petitions, including one from Bernie Sanders and some Congressfolk about protecting Social Security.
5. Agreed to participate in a demonstration on Tax Day in Philadelphia to demand that DT's tax returns be made public and that a fair tax system be established.
6. Participated in a demo against DT's ginning up of the war machine in Syria.
Tom Cathcart said...
Gave a bit more money to the ACLU and called Rep. Faso's office to ask him not to support the new effort to revive "Repeal and Replace." Then I went off to perform at a conference of far greater philosophical import: The Ethics and Aesthetics of Standup Comedy. Another one of those things you couldn't make up. It was the most pedantic type of academic nit-picking, with philosophers presenting papers on such topics as "Three Kinds of Timing." You would think it was a parody of academic conferences, but expressing that would have led to several journal articles on the differences between parody and analysis. Oy.
TheDudeDiogenes said...
Not exactly Friday, but I just finished calling my Governor, the State Speaker of the House, my State and federal Reps and Senators. In terms of State politics, I applauded Dems for opposing proposed cuts by Repubs, especially to Health and Human Services, and federally, I expressed my dismay with my Senators applauding Trump's actions in Syria, and myself applauded my Representative's (relatively) critical remarks of Trump's actions.

Chris said...


I taught the theory of exploitation this week...does that count?

David said...

1. Donated to the Washington State Democratic Party. This contribution is partly an expression of confidence in our new state Chair, Tina Podlodowski.

2. Exchanged messages with the state Chair about the Republican State Chair’s claim that they would spend $5 million for one state senate race this fall. I’m supporting, and have now officially endorsed (for the little that it is worth), the Democrat (Manka Dhingra) in this race.

3. Contacted a local school board director to find out about the open seat on the board. I was wondering if a good candidate has been recruited yet. I’m shopping around for a campaign to volunteer on, and the more local the better.


No comments: