My Stuff

https://umass-my.sharepoint.com/:f:/g/personal/rwolff_umass_edu/EkxJV79tnlBDol82i7bXs7gBAUHadkylrmLgWbXv2nYq_A?e=UcbbW0

Coming Soon:

The following books by Robert Paul Wolff are available on Amazon.com as e-books: KANT'S THEORY OF MENTAL ACTIVITY, THE AUTONOMY OF REASON, UNDERSTANDING MARX, UNDERSTANDING RAWLS, THE POVERTY OF LIBERALISM, A LIFE IN THE ACADEMY, MONEYBAGS MUST BE SO LUCKY, AN INTRODUCTION TO THE USE OF FORMAL METHODS IN POLITICAL PHILOSOPHY.
Now Available: Volumes I, II, III, and IV of the Collected Published and Unpublished Papers.

NOW AVAILABLE ON YOUTUBE: LECTURES ON KANT'S CRITIQUE OF PURE REASON. To view the lectures, go to YouTube and search for "Robert Paul Wolff Kant." There they will be.

NOW AVAILABLE ON YOUTUBE: LECTURES ON THE THOUGHT OF KARL MARX. To view the lectures, go to YouTube and search for Robert Paul Wolff Marx."





Total Pageviews

Tuesday, October 17, 2017

A DRAMATIC PERSONAL RESOLUTION, AND IT IS NOT EVEN NEW YEAR'S EVE

For longer than I can recall, I have been in crisis mode, listening to hours of cable news every day, reading endless commentary, writing end-of-civilization posts for this blog, and generally being miserable.  I have not observed that this has made the world a better place, but it has seemed unavoidable.  On Saturday, I will go to Paris for two and a half weeks.  I have decided to go wild and have fun.  Nothing too outré.  I shall shop at the market, cook in my little kitchen, sit in the café, attend early music concerts, perhaps take a bus ride, like that.  Don't condemn me.  I have my limits.

6 comments:

s. wallerstein said...

Sounds like a great vacation program.

I certainly don't blame you. When my ex partner and her son left over 5 years ago, I gave them my TV set because theirs had been broken during the 2010 earthquake. I haven't missed it at all. I'm fairly sure that I will never buy another.

NotHobbes said...

Deus vult. Enjoy

levinebar said...

In September 2001, I rendezvoused with my sister and brother-in-law in Palermo. The sun was shining, the food was excellent, I was reading, wholly cut off from news. Then my sister told me I should turn on the TV. I got to see the second jet hit the TradeTowers. The rest of the vacation was spent learning to read news in Italian

Jerry Brown said...

Don't cook all the snails in the back yard. Or at least, not at once. Hope you have a great time.

chrismealy said...

Good for you! Bon voyage!

Unknown said...

Good post thanks for sharing useful information,see more details visit our website,

Birthstone By Date of Birth
Stone by date of birth
Stones According to Date of Birth
Birthstone According to Date of Birth
Emerald Gemstone Engagement Rings