My Stuff

https://umass-my.sharepoint.com/:f:/g/personal/rwolff_umass_edu/EkxJV79tnlBDol82i7bXs7gBAUHadkylrmLgWbXv2nYq_A?e=UcbbW0

Coming Soon:

The following books by Robert Paul Wolff are available on Amazon.com as e-books: KANT'S THEORY OF MENTAL ACTIVITY, THE AUTONOMY OF REASON, UNDERSTANDING MARX, UNDERSTANDING RAWLS, THE POVERTY OF LIBERALISM, A LIFE IN THE ACADEMY, MONEYBAGS MUST BE SO LUCKY, AN INTRODUCTION TO THE USE OF FORMAL METHODS IN POLITICAL PHILOSOPHY.
Now Available: Volumes I, II, III, and IV of the Collected Published and Unpublished Papers.

NOW AVAILABLE ON YOUTUBE: LECTURES ON KANT'S CRITIQUE OF PURE REASON. To view the lectures, go to YouTube and search for "Robert Paul Wolff Kant." There they will be.

NOW AVAILABLE ON YOUTUBE: LECTURES ON THE THOUGHT OF KARL MARX. To view the lectures, go to YouTube and search for Robert Paul Wolff Marx."





Total Pageviews

Tuesday, November 6, 2018

AND NOW WE WAIT

The cat woke me at 4, I went for my walk at 5, I have done my last stint of poll greeting, and now there is nothing to do but wait the five+ hours until the first results come in.  Once the outcome is clear, I will of course say that I saw it all coming, and offer some confident views about what it all means.  That, as I understand it, is the fundamental task of the blogger.

Lord, I wish I could nap in the afternoon.

4 comments:

The real MS said...

Well, as a distraction on this election day, there is a report by two astronomers from Harvard speculating that a strange celestial object that was observed flying through our solar system last year was perhaps a probe sent to our solar system by an alien civilization to report on the goings on on Earth.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/11/06/health/oumuamua-alien-probe-harvard-intl/index.html

Remember the movie The Day The Earth Stood Still? Is it possible that Il Duce is an android invader, aka Gort, left here to destroy us because we present a threat to the universe? Perhaps journalists attending his press conferences should be repeating the following incantation:

"Klaatu barada nikto"

s. wallerstein said...

Real MS,

The problem is that Il Duce is not an android invader, but human all too human and that he represents a way of seeing the world that all too many of our fellow humans share just as the original Il Duce did.

Jerry Brown said...

Forgive me if I doubt that you saw it all coming :). I have plenty of confidence in your ability to explain what it all means though. I think that is more important anyways.

The real MS said...

s. wallerstein,

You mean repeating "Klaatu barada nikto" won't work? Maybe we should try it anyway, just in case, as an extra-terrestrial version of Pascal's wager.