My Stuff

https://umass-my.sharepoint.com/:f:/g/personal/rwolff_umass_edu/EkxJV79tnlBDol82i7bXs7gBAUHadkylrmLgWbXv2nYq_A?e=UcbbW0

Coming Soon:

The following books by Robert Paul Wolff are available on Amazon.com as e-books: KANT'S THEORY OF MENTAL ACTIVITY, THE AUTONOMY OF REASON, UNDERSTANDING MARX, UNDERSTANDING RAWLS, THE POVERTY OF LIBERALISM, A LIFE IN THE ACADEMY, MONEYBAGS MUST BE SO LUCKY, AN INTRODUCTION TO THE USE OF FORMAL METHODS IN POLITICAL PHILOSOPHY.
Now Available: Volumes I, II, III, and IV of the Collected Published and Unpublished Papers.

NOW AVAILABLE ON YOUTUBE: LECTURES ON KANT'S CRITIQUE OF PURE REASON. To view the lectures, go to YouTube and search for "Robert Paul Wolff Kant." There they will be.

NOW AVAILABLE ON YOUTUBE: LECTURES ON THE THOUGHT OF KARL MARX. To view the lectures, go to YouTube and search for Robert Paul Wolff Marx."





Total Pageviews

Friday, February 22, 2019

GOOD GRIEF, CHARLIE BROWN

I put up a 197 word humorous post and it triggered a tsunami of deadly serious responses.   We all need to take a deep breath.  It is going to be a long run up even to the first caucuses.

Last time around, I gave so much money to Bernie that he gave some back.  [I exceeded the legal limit, so his campaign sent me a check for $300.]  I am not so flush now as I was then, and we are all four years older, so I shall go a bit easy.

Once again it is Friday, the day of the week on which Mueller indicts people.  We can only hope.  It is 7:09 am where I am.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello again
So my question is what are your thoughts on the current situation in Venezuela and specifically the stand that Bernie Sanders has taken recently (I don't know whether have you seen it or not , but he put a tweet out and was responded by none other than Roger Waters .) I don't exactly what to make of it.

Is Bernie going with the Bolton,Elliot warmonger interventionist propoganda? Or is it playing politics ? Why do you think his position is so ?

LFC said...

What did Sanders say about Venezuela? Sorry, too lazy etc to look it up just now, so thought I'd ask.

It's a horrible situation with some grey areas, not all black-and-white, as is often the case w such situations. I don't think the Trump admin sanctions are defensible to the extent that they increase the misery of ordinary Venezuelans; on the other hand I don't think Maduro has led the country well, to put it mildly, and apparently discontent w the govt is widespread even in former areas of support. Not an expert on the region, just my impressions.

Business Leads World said...

Contact us and ask your questions and queries directly to us MCA Realtime Callback Leads Capital Brokers are receiving calls from the Qualified Merchant