My Stuff

https://umass-my.sharepoint.com/:f:/g/personal/rwolff_umass_edu/EkxJV79tnlBDol82i7bXs7gBAUHadkylrmLgWbXv2nYq_A?e=UcbbW0

Coming Soon:

The following books by Robert Paul Wolff are available on Amazon.com as e-books: KANT'S THEORY OF MENTAL ACTIVITY, THE AUTONOMY OF REASON, UNDERSTANDING MARX, UNDERSTANDING RAWLS, THE POVERTY OF LIBERALISM, A LIFE IN THE ACADEMY, MONEYBAGS MUST BE SO LUCKY, AN INTRODUCTION TO THE USE OF FORMAL METHODS IN POLITICAL PHILOSOPHY.
Now Available: Volumes I, II, III, and IV of the Collected Published and Unpublished Papers.

NOW AVAILABLE ON YOUTUBE: LECTURES ON KANT'S CRITIQUE OF PURE REASON. To view the lectures, go to YouTube and search for "Robert Paul Wolff Kant." There they will be.

NOW AVAILABLE ON YOUTUBE: LECTURES ON THE THOUGHT OF KARL MARX. To view the lectures, go to YouTube and search for Robert Paul Wolff Marx."





Total Pageviews

Tuesday, March 19, 2019

AN IMPORTANT BIT OF INFORMATION

I am sure we are all interested in the lively discussion about Hegel prompted by my remarks, but we must not lose sight of what is the most important tidbit of information to emerge from the fog.

CHRIS IS FINISHING UP HIS DISSERTATION!

Congratulations to Chris.  I wrote a letter in support of his application to graduate school, and now he is about to finish up!

I hope, Chris, that in this brutal job market, you bag a good tenure track job somewhere.

I feel as though one of my children has taken a first step.

6 comments:

s. wallerstein said...

Chris,

You're someone who can make a significant contribution to philosophy as a discipline and to teaching your students to reason with their eyes open.

I join Professor Wolff in hoping that you find a good tenure track job, which is due recognition to your obvious merits as a thinker.

David Palmeter said...

Congratulations Chris.

Jordan said...

Congratulations Chris. Good luck on the job market -- it's a jungle out there.

Chris said...

Thank you everyone, especially Professor Wolff!

I'm drafting the final chapter now, and I suspect I'll spend the summer doing revisions and hopefully defend either over summer or Fall 2019.

The job market is brutal, but I do see social and political philosophy is close to a top hire, and my CV is - for my present position - better than most. The last few people to graduate from here did land jobs. So we'll see.

Michael Llenos said...

Congrats, Chris! Or should I say, Congratulations Professor Christopher...

Chris said...

Oh god! Don't tack on 'topher'!

:)