My Stuff

https://umass-my.sharepoint.com/:f:/g/personal/rwolff_umass_edu/EkxJV79tnlBDol82i7bXs7gBAUHadkylrmLgWbXv2nYq_A?e=UcbbW0

Coming Soon:

The following books by Robert Paul Wolff are available on Amazon.com as e-books: KANT'S THEORY OF MENTAL ACTIVITY, THE AUTONOMY OF REASON, UNDERSTANDING MARX, UNDERSTANDING RAWLS, THE POVERTY OF LIBERALISM, A LIFE IN THE ACADEMY, MONEYBAGS MUST BE SO LUCKY, AN INTRODUCTION TO THE USE OF FORMAL METHODS IN POLITICAL PHILOSOPHY.
Now Available: Volumes I, II, III, and IV of the Collected Published and Unpublished Papers.

NOW AVAILABLE ON YOUTUBE: LECTURES ON KANT'S CRITIQUE OF PURE REASON. To view the lectures, go to YouTube and search for "Robert Paul Wolff Kant." There they will be.

NOW AVAILABLE ON YOUTUBE: LECTURES ON THE THOUGHT OF KARL MARX. To view the lectures, go to YouTube and search for Robert Paul Wolff Marx."





Total Pageviews

Friday, May 10, 2013

PROGRESS

Today, I finished proofreading Volume I of my collected papers.  This volume contains my writings on Hume and Kant and on higher education, including education i South Africa.  It will be available on Amazon as soon as we get the permissions, which as usual are slow in coming.

Tomorrow, I will start Volume II, my writings on Marx and Classical Political Economy.

The volume containing the Use and Abuse of Formal Methods in Political Economy, and a series of applications, is done but is awaiting a cover.

All in all, there will be six volumes of material, including my Memoir, some of it never before seen by anyone but me.

This is a very large project, but I rather suspect it may be completed by the end of the summer.  Then I will have to find something to occupy myself with.

Any suggestions?

5 comments:

Don Schneier said...

Cross that bridge when you get to it? The massive interim project, plus the ongoing social charades, should spark some ideas.

C Rossi said...

I think you had mentioned once doing a mini-tutorial on the work of Erving Goffman. I think that would be much appreciated. I think "The Presentation of Self In Ordinary Life" is one of the best and wisest books I've read. Best wishes and good luck with the project at hand.

LFC said...

Re "awaiting a cover"

I don't read e-books, or at least i never have, so this may be a silly question. But here goes: I thought you were publishing these as digital vols., only readable by a computer or a device like a Kindle, Nook, etc. So why do you even need a cover?

Robert Paul Wolff said...

I was a little puzzled by that as well, but I think the cover is portrayed by Amazon when you look it up. I guess when you download it you get the cover as well as a picture.

LFC said...

Thks, that makes sense.