My Stuff

https://umass-my.sharepoint.com/:f:/g/personal/rwolff_umass_edu/EkxJV79tnlBDol82i7bXs7gBAUHadkylrmLgWbXv2nYq_A?e=UcbbW0

Coming Soon:

The following books by Robert Paul Wolff are available on Amazon.com as e-books: KANT'S THEORY OF MENTAL ACTIVITY, THE AUTONOMY OF REASON, UNDERSTANDING MARX, UNDERSTANDING RAWLS, THE POVERTY OF LIBERALISM, A LIFE IN THE ACADEMY, MONEYBAGS MUST BE SO LUCKY, AN INTRODUCTION TO THE USE OF FORMAL METHODS IN POLITICAL PHILOSOPHY.
Now Available: Volumes I, II, III, and IV of the Collected Published and Unpublished Papers.

NOW AVAILABLE ON YOUTUBE: LECTURES ON KANT'S CRITIQUE OF PURE REASON. To view the lectures, go to YouTube and search for "Robert Paul Wolff Kant." There they will be.

NOW AVAILABLE ON YOUTUBE: LECTURES ON THE THOUGHT OF KARL MARX. To view the lectures, go to YouTube and search for Robert Paul Wolff Marx."





Total Pageviews

Sunday, August 24, 2014

DISAMBIGUATION

I have finally got it clear in my mind, thanks to Wikipedia, that there are two actors names Fiennes -- Ralph and Joseph -- who are, as one might have thought, brothers.  So the star of Shakespeare in Love is not the same person as the star of Maid in Manhattan, which comforts me greatly, since they do not actually look alike.  They have the same last name, by the way, which is Twisleton-Wykeham-Fiennes.  I bet not all of you knew that!

1 comment:

JR said...

Prof. Bob --
Sorry, but I left academia in the late '70's to become an exploited worker in the sub-corporate world. My academic papers then drifted from my attic into the Middle Distance and from there into Who Knows Where. I regret misplacing them and now, unlike you, I am too muddled-minded to be able to reconstruct my arguments cogently.
It's like a long ago trip to the land of your dreams. You know you were there, but have lost the photos to prove it. Your own retention of every tidbit of your career, massive as that pile of tidbits has become, amazes me. Ironically, I have close at hand much of your life's popular works.
I make The Poverty of Liberalism and The Ideal of a University mandatory once-a-year readings for myself.
Reading Marx simply overwhelmed me in a way Kant did not, despite Kant's German sentence structure that will gag a goat. I guess I felt it more imperative to "get it right" when I read Marx, because unlike Kant, Marx was dealing with the real and suffering world.
My Tyrolean hat is off to you for mastering Marx.