My Stuff

https://umass-my.sharepoint.com/:f:/g/personal/rwolff_umass_edu/EkxJV79tnlBDol82i7bXs7gBAUHadkylrmLgWbXv2nYq_A?e=UcbbW0

Coming Soon:

The following books by Robert Paul Wolff are available on Amazon.com as e-books: KANT'S THEORY OF MENTAL ACTIVITY, THE AUTONOMY OF REASON, UNDERSTANDING MARX, UNDERSTANDING RAWLS, THE POVERTY OF LIBERALISM, A LIFE IN THE ACADEMY, MONEYBAGS MUST BE SO LUCKY, AN INTRODUCTION TO THE USE OF FORMAL METHODS IN POLITICAL PHILOSOPHY.
Now Available: Volumes I, II, III, and IV of the Collected Published and Unpublished Papers.

NOW AVAILABLE ON YOUTUBE: LECTURES ON KANT'S CRITIQUE OF PURE REASON. To view the lectures, go to YouTube and search for "Robert Paul Wolff Kant." There they will be.

NOW AVAILABLE ON YOUTUBE: LECTURES ON THE THOUGHT OF KARL MARX. To view the lectures, go to YouTube and search for Robert Paul Wolff Marx."





Total Pageviews

Tuesday, July 14, 2020

IT IS NEVER TO LATE TO LAUNCH A NEW CAREER


Now that I have made it into the big time with my appearance on Existential Comics, I think I should consider seriously a new career. Perhaps philosophical standup with guest appearances at weddings and bar mitzvahs. I mean, I don’t look much like Woody Allen but perhaps for virtual appearances a little photo shopping could be arranged.


Alternatively, with millions of schoolchildren distance learning this fall, perhaps I could make a little money doing virtual AP philosophy courses.

Anybody want a job as my agent?

8 comments:

Chris said...

It's all downhill from here...

Anonymous said...

Start doing cameos with your newfound fame - cameo.com

Andrew Lionel Blais said...

Maybe you could team up with Kripke and the two of you could do a version of "Who's on First?"....

Robert Paul Wolff said...

Andrew, in which possible world?

jeffrey g kessen said...

. Kripke's comedic talents are woefully underestimated. His knock-knock jokes are the best.I would give an example here, but they're way too obscene. Oh, what the hell, here's one: Kripke: "knock-knock". (undergraduate philosopher): "Whose there?" Kripke: "It's Saul". (undergraduate): "Saul who?" Kripke: "It's Saul Kripke, you dumb motherfucker." (just kidding, Saul).

Matt said...

The content of the comic is, frankly, crap and obviously wrong, but still it is nice to get the notice. I do wish it would be in something better, though.

Jerry Fresia said...

I've always thought this might be your calling....remember, the point is to change the world and I dare say, your audience could be huge. What better way to reveal truths but through humor. Are the Castskills still going?

check this out...3 min....George Carlin "The American Dream"....it's 10 years old.....
not a bad message for a national audience!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rsL6mKxtOlQ

LFC said...

Echoing what Matt said.

Btw and somewhat off-topic, does anyone know what's going on w Amazon's book ratings? I seldom buy anything from Amazon, but in looking at the book ratings recently I've noticed there's always one more rating than there are reviews, which makes no sense.

For instance, Eric Nelson's The Theology of Liberalism (which is largely about Rawls, it seems, though the title doesn't immediately convey that) has two reviews on Amazon but is listed as having three customer ratings. To repeat what I said above, this is puzzling. Has anyone else noticed and/or does anyone have an explanation?