My Stuff

https://umass-my.sharepoint.com/:f:/g/personal/rwolff_umass_edu/EkxJV79tnlBDol82i7bXs7gBAUHadkylrmLgWbXv2nYq_A?e=UcbbW0

Coming Soon:

The following books by Robert Paul Wolff are available on Amazon.com as e-books: KANT'S THEORY OF MENTAL ACTIVITY, THE AUTONOMY OF REASON, UNDERSTANDING MARX, UNDERSTANDING RAWLS, THE POVERTY OF LIBERALISM, A LIFE IN THE ACADEMY, MONEYBAGS MUST BE SO LUCKY, AN INTRODUCTION TO THE USE OF FORMAL METHODS IN POLITICAL PHILOSOPHY.
Now Available: Volumes I, II, III, and IV of the Collected Published and Unpublished Papers.

NOW AVAILABLE ON YOUTUBE: LECTURES ON KANT'S CRITIQUE OF PURE REASON. To view the lectures, go to YouTube and search for "Robert Paul Wolff Kant." There they will be.

NOW AVAILABLE ON YOUTUBE: LECTURES ON THE THOUGHT OF KARL MARX. To view the lectures, go to YouTube and search for Robert Paul Wolff Marx."





Total Pageviews

Tuesday, February 9, 2021

THE REAL WORLD INTERRUPTS

My wife had a small stroke on Sunday and since that time I have been dealing with that rather than with capitalism's future and the impeachment of the president. She is doing well and should be fine. Sorry about that.  I hope to return to pontificating soon.

22 comments:

Samuel Chawe said...

We all wish her a speedy and full recovery. Take care Prof. Wolff.

Marinus said...

I will also add my well-wishes and I hope that she is back to her best soon.

David Gordon said...

I hope she has a full and speedy recovery

s. wallerstein said...

I'm glad to hear that she's doing well and I hope that she'll have a complete recovery.

LeanMcHungry said...

Sending well wishes to your wife from New Zealand, and looking forward to more pontificating from you.

Michael Kates said...

So sorry to hear that; glad she's doing well.

James Camien McGuiggan said...

Best wishes to Susie.

TheDudeDiogenes said...

Oh, so sorry to hear that. My best wishes to Susie!

David Palmeter said...

My best wishes for a speedy recovery.

Eric said...

It's curveballs in life like this that have a way of reorienting us to what's most important.
Glad to hear the missus is on the mend and she has someone to support her during her recovery.
Thankfully, this episode occurred now rather than just 3 or 4 months ago. Since many healthcare workers in your area are likely to be fairly well along in the COVID-19 vaccination process at this point, and both you and she have already received the first shots, your risks of becoming infected are likely much lower now than they might have been before.

C said...

I’m sorry to hear about the incident but glad to hear she is doing (relatively) well and should be fine. I wish her a prompt, full recovery.

We’ve all got to stay in the game, especially to compensate for the past four years under the Deranged Lunatic.

Michael Llenos said...

Dr. Wolff,
So sorry to hear about such a scary event. I hope you both prosper in good health in your life journey together for many more years to come. God Bless you both and your family members too.

Achim Kriechel (A.K.) said...

Dear Professor, all the best for both of you and a quick and easy recovery for your wife. We think of you both.

Ludwig Richter said...

Professor Wolff, I'm so sorry to hear about your wife's medical emergency. My best wishes for a full recovery.

jeffrey g kessen said...

A little tardy here, but absolutely, best wishes to you and your wife.

Charles Pigden said...

Best wishes ot your wife for a full recovery. Though I am avid for more pontificating, don't do it until you are ready.

Note Bene said...

Dr. Wolff, I have never commented on your blog before, but wanted to wish you and your wife all the best. My thoughts are with you in this time.

MICHAEL HOBART said...

RPW,

I echo the others here, adding my best wishes for you and your wife.

Terry Williams said...

Best wishes for a full and speedy recovery!

Anonymous said...

I've been reading this blog, on and off, for years now and was so sorry to read this. I wish her recovery in double time!

Ika Nizharadze said...

Incredibly sorry to hear about it. That is terrifying.


All the best wishes.

Jacob Weber said...

MCA Live Transfer Leads professional guarantees to deliver best qualified for MCA Aged Leads with precise and updated knowledge prepared for conversion MCA Live Leads.