My Stuff

https://umass-my.sharepoint.com/:f:/g/personal/rwolff_umass_edu/EkxJV79tnlBDol82i7bXs7gBAUHadkylrmLgWbXv2nYq_A?e=UcbbW0

Coming Soon:

The following books by Robert Paul Wolff are available on Amazon.com as e-books: KANT'S THEORY OF MENTAL ACTIVITY, THE AUTONOMY OF REASON, UNDERSTANDING MARX, UNDERSTANDING RAWLS, THE POVERTY OF LIBERALISM, A LIFE IN THE ACADEMY, MONEYBAGS MUST BE SO LUCKY, AN INTRODUCTION TO THE USE OF FORMAL METHODS IN POLITICAL PHILOSOPHY.
Now Available: Volumes I, II, III, and IV of the Collected Published and Unpublished Papers.

NOW AVAILABLE ON YOUTUBE: LECTURES ON KANT'S CRITIQUE OF PURE REASON. To view the lectures, go to YouTube and search for "Robert Paul Wolff Kant." There they will be.

NOW AVAILABLE ON YOUTUBE: LECTURES ON THE THOUGHT OF KARL MARX. To view the lectures, go to YouTube and search for Robert Paul Wolff Marx."





Total Pageviews

Sunday, December 4, 2022

MR. TOAD RIDES AGAIN

This is,to put it mildly, a strange time. Enormous and possibly significant popular protests in China and Iran, the largest active volcano in the world errupting, Republicans unable to figure out what to do with the tiny majority they have won in the House of Representatives, and a former president and leading candidate for the presidency in 2024 dines with someone who loves Hitler and then, in reaction to an obscure report about Twitter, says that the U.S. Constitution should be abrogated so that he can be appointed to the presidency forthwith.


Completely unable to find anything intelligent to say about these various developments, I took refuge this morning as I so often do in my own words (hence the reference to Mr. Toad.)  I read once again my unpublished 14 page comment on a conference I attended many years ago on Kant and the law. It is, I think, one of the funniest things I have ever written and if you have nothing better to do on a lazy Sunday I recommend it to you. Its title is "Why, Indeed?" and it can be found in the collection of "My Stuff" by following the link at the top of this page.

No comments: