My Stuff

https://umass-my.sharepoint.com/:f:/g/personal/rwolff_umass_edu/EkxJV79tnlBDol82i7bXs7gBAUHadkylrmLgWbXv2nYq_A?e=UcbbW0

Coming Soon:

The following books by Robert Paul Wolff are available on Amazon.com as e-books: KANT'S THEORY OF MENTAL ACTIVITY, THE AUTONOMY OF REASON, UNDERSTANDING MARX, UNDERSTANDING RAWLS, THE POVERTY OF LIBERALISM, A LIFE IN THE ACADEMY, MONEYBAGS MUST BE SO LUCKY, AN INTRODUCTION TO THE USE OF FORMAL METHODS IN POLITICAL PHILOSOPHY.
Now Available: Volumes I, II, III, and IV of the Collected Published and Unpublished Papers.

NOW AVAILABLE ON YOUTUBE: LECTURES ON KANT'S CRITIQUE OF PURE REASON. To view the lectures, go to YouTube and search for "Robert Paul Wolff Kant." There they will be.

NOW AVAILABLE ON YOUTUBE: LECTURES ON THE THOUGHT OF KARL MARX. To view the lectures, go to YouTube and search for Robert Paul Wolff Marx."





Total Pageviews

Tuesday, March 25, 2014

GOOD GRIEF

I just took a break from Piketty and, for want of anything better to do, clicked on the link to the spam filter of comments.  To my horror, I discovered a wealth of intelligent, thoughtful comments in the spam file that I would like to have responded to, going back quite a ways.  I have no idea whatsoever how Google decides what counts as spam, but if I can, I am going to disable the filter, since I think the number of genuine spam comments is small, compared to all those intelligent comments.

My apologies.  There really are limits to this fancy new technology.  Now, in the old days, I would just sit on one end of a log and a student would sit on the other end, and we would talk.  Oh well.

2 comments:

Richard said...

A 1-1 student-teacher ratio. Ideal in at least one way, if both are interested and interesting. If not....

Unknown said...

The spam filter becomes less bad if you "train" it by checking it regularly and sort out good from bad.

Switching it off is fine, but don't be reluctant to switch it on again if you start getting more spam.