My Stuff

https://umass-my.sharepoint.com/:f:/g/personal/rwolff_umass_edu/EkxJV79tnlBDol82i7bXs7gBAUHadkylrmLgWbXv2nYq_A?e=UcbbW0

Coming Soon:

The following books by Robert Paul Wolff are available on Amazon.com as e-books: KANT'S THEORY OF MENTAL ACTIVITY, THE AUTONOMY OF REASON, UNDERSTANDING MARX, UNDERSTANDING RAWLS, THE POVERTY OF LIBERALISM, A LIFE IN THE ACADEMY, MONEYBAGS MUST BE SO LUCKY, AN INTRODUCTION TO THE USE OF FORMAL METHODS IN POLITICAL PHILOSOPHY.
Now Available: Volumes I, II, III, and IV of the Collected Published and Unpublished Papers.

NOW AVAILABLE ON YOUTUBE: LECTURES ON KANT'S CRITIQUE OF PURE REASON. To view the lectures, go to YouTube and search for "Robert Paul Wolff Kant." There they will be.

NOW AVAILABLE ON YOUTUBE: LECTURES ON THE THOUGHT OF KARL MARX. To view the lectures, go to YouTube and search for Robert Paul Wolff Marx."





Total Pageviews

Thursday, March 27, 2014

PREVIEW OF COMING ATTRACTIONS

I have now finished reading Thomas Piketty's CAPITAL in the Twenty-First Century.  Tomorrow, I shall begin what I imagine will be a several day long commentary on the book, which I shall complete before I leave for the safari on Tuesday.  It is a very important book, worthy of a good deal of close attention, and I shall do my best both to convey its contents and to analyze and -- in some cases -- to criticize them.

3 comments:

Kenneth Tiong said...

Your analysis is eagerly awaited!

Michael said...

The book has been getting a lot of (good) press, and while I won't have time to read it until the semester ends I did find these two reviews interesting:
James K. Galbraith
http://www.dissentmagazine.org/article/kapital-for-the-twenty-first-century

And Doug Henwood (whose podcast is wonderful):
http://www.bookforum.com/inprint/021_01/12987

I'm not sure either would define themselves as Marxists, but they're both good left wing thinkers.

Chris said...

Looking forward to this review.


Henwood is a quasi marxist, in that he takes Marx seriously, and wants to remove capitalism.