My Stuff

https://umass-my.sharepoint.com/:f:/g/personal/rwolff_umass_edu/EkxJV79tnlBDol82i7bXs7gBAUHadkylrmLgWbXv2nYq_A?e=UcbbW0

Coming Soon:

The following books by Robert Paul Wolff are available on Amazon.com as e-books: KANT'S THEORY OF MENTAL ACTIVITY, THE AUTONOMY OF REASON, UNDERSTANDING MARX, UNDERSTANDING RAWLS, THE POVERTY OF LIBERALISM, A LIFE IN THE ACADEMY, MONEYBAGS MUST BE SO LUCKY, AN INTRODUCTION TO THE USE OF FORMAL METHODS IN POLITICAL PHILOSOPHY.
Now Available: Volumes I, II, III, and IV of the Collected Published and Unpublished Papers.

NOW AVAILABLE ON YOUTUBE: LECTURES ON KANT'S CRITIQUE OF PURE REASON. To view the lectures, go to YouTube and search for "Robert Paul Wolff Kant." There they will be.

NOW AVAILABLE ON YOUTUBE: LECTURES ON THE THOUGHT OF KARL MARX. To view the lectures, go to YouTube and search for Robert Paul Wolff Marx."





Total Pageviews

Friday, April 18, 2014

A CRI DE COEUR TO THE TECHIES OUT THERE

After uploading my safari pictures and videos from my IPhone to my  computer, I discovered that I could not find the videos on my computer.  I was pretty sure they had been uploaded, because the process took so long.  After much fumbling about, I gave up and went to the Apple Store where I had bought the IPhone.  I was assigned a technical counselor -- a middle-aged blind man with a guide dog [this is serious!] -- who proceeded to explain to me how to find my videos.  I went home and found them where he said they would be.  But now, having found them, I cannot upload them into my blog.  Blogger says it is uploading them, but after a very long wait [ten minutes or longer] there is no uploading. 

I would really like to share some of my videos with the waiting world.  Does anyone have any advice?

3 comments:

Kenneth Tiong said...

Why not create a YouTube accounts, then upload the videos on YouTube, and post the links on your blog? Blogger probably doesn't have as many video uploading amenities as YouTube.

Robert Paul Wolff said...

Hey, I tried it and it worked!! Pretty good. Thank you.

Kenneth Tiong said...

No problems! As I understand it, most bloggers who want to put video on their blog posts upload on a third party service.

It may be also possible to have a direct video window on your blog that is hosted on YouTube, so that viewers don't have to click out of your blog to view the video. It's called 'video embedding' and I've linked a FAQ below for how to that on Blogger for Youtube videos. Your mileage may vary.

https://support.google.com/blogger/answer/80767?hl=en