My Stuff

https://umass-my.sharepoint.com/:f:/g/personal/rwolff_umass_edu/EkxJV79tnlBDol82i7bXs7gBAUHadkylrmLgWbXv2nYq_A?e=UcbbW0

Coming Soon:

The following books by Robert Paul Wolff are available on Amazon.com as e-books: KANT'S THEORY OF MENTAL ACTIVITY, THE AUTONOMY OF REASON, UNDERSTANDING MARX, UNDERSTANDING RAWLS, THE POVERTY OF LIBERALISM, A LIFE IN THE ACADEMY, MONEYBAGS MUST BE SO LUCKY, AN INTRODUCTION TO THE USE OF FORMAL METHODS IN POLITICAL PHILOSOPHY.
Now Available: Volumes I, II, III, and IV of the Collected Published and Unpublished Papers.

NOW AVAILABLE ON YOUTUBE: LECTURES ON KANT'S CRITIQUE OF PURE REASON. To view the lectures, go to YouTube and search for "Robert Paul Wolff Kant." There they will be.

NOW AVAILABLE ON YOUTUBE: LECTURES ON THE THOUGHT OF KARL MARX. To view the lectures, go to YouTube and search for Robert Paul Wolff Marx."





Total Pageviews

Friday, February 5, 2016

WHEW!

Well, I just had a scare.  When I tried to upload Lecture Five this morning, after more than an hour of uploading YouTube told me the video had been rejected.  I tried again.  Another hour.  No luck. Then I recreated the video from the Windows MovieMaker files on my laptop and tried a third time.  Still no luck, but this time I was told the video had been rejected because it was too long.  I was prompted to request  a telephone confirmation that I was not Julien Assange [or something], went through the process, and it worked!

Only one trouble.  When I recreated the video, I failed to snip off the bit at the beginning where I am hitching up my pants and tightening my belt.  Oh well, no one ever said I was a fashion plate.

Anyway, Lecture Five is now available, and I am hard at work on Lecture Six.  

Enjoy.

p.s.  I have a surprise at the beginning of Lecture Six.

1 comment:

Andrew Lionel Blais said...

Nice series. Wondering. Is it that since there is speech that cannot be understood without some socio-historical background, if others are to be recognizable as such, they will always have to share some background with us? How about the others that we would become after some radical transformation such as a shift from capitalism to whatever comes next? If there is a shared background, how can such a shift be radical? How could politics be radical? Or, can it?