My Stuff

https://umass-my.sharepoint.com/:f:/g/personal/rwolff_umass_edu/EkxJV79tnlBDol82i7bXs7gBAUHadkylrmLgWbXv2nYq_A?e=UcbbW0

Coming Soon:

The following books by Robert Paul Wolff are available on Amazon.com as e-books: KANT'S THEORY OF MENTAL ACTIVITY, THE AUTONOMY OF REASON, UNDERSTANDING MARX, UNDERSTANDING RAWLS, THE POVERTY OF LIBERALISM, A LIFE IN THE ACADEMY, MONEYBAGS MUST BE SO LUCKY, AN INTRODUCTION TO THE USE OF FORMAL METHODS IN POLITICAL PHILOSOPHY.
Now Available: Volumes I, II, III, and IV of the Collected Published and Unpublished Papers.

NOW AVAILABLE ON YOUTUBE: LECTURES ON KANT'S CRITIQUE OF PURE REASON. To view the lectures, go to YouTube and search for "Robert Paul Wolff Kant." There they will be.

NOW AVAILABLE ON YOUTUBE: LECTURES ON THE THOUGHT OF KARL MARX. To view the lectures, go to YouTube and search for Robert Paul Wolff Marx."





Total Pageviews

Wednesday, January 4, 2017

ANOTHER LINK

There is an enormous amount brewing.   David Ehrens just sent me this link:  https://www.indivisibleguide.com/  Cut and paste it and sign up.  The more of this we do, the more it will build.  I can smell a real ground swell aborning.  Pass it along.

Remember, political action is nothing like intellectual work.  In intellectual work, if someone already published it, you shrug and move on.  In political work, the fact that someone else has already done it is a good sign, a sign things are happening.

As Kierkegaard noted [I could not resist], repetition is the mark of the ethical, as novelty is the mark of the aesthetic.  Progressive Politics is the realm of the ethical.

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Enoch says:
So what is the sign of the religious in this sphere? :)

Robert Paul Wolff said...

Infinite passion, renewed in every instant. I am afraid I am not up for that.

s. wallerstein said...

Could you blog about Kierkegaard a little?

People used to read Kierkegaard and talk about him a lot in the 60's, but I get the impression that he's no longer in fashion. I read the book about Abraham and Isaac a long time ago, but I admit that I didn't understand much.

Since you seem to know a lot about him, I (and probably others) would be interested in learning what Kierkegaard was up to.

Robert Paul Wolff said...

Five years ago, I wrote an essay of a bit less than 3000 words in the form of what I called an Appreciation of Kierkegaard's PHILOSOPHICAL FRAGMENTS. You might start by reading that. It is archived at box.net

s. wallerstein said...

Thanks. I'll try it.

s. wallerstein said...

What a great Emily Dickenson poem!

Those lines sum up so many things that matter.

Ludwig Richter said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ludwig Richter said...

Professor Wolff, did you see this full-page ad taken out in The New York Times?

http://commondreams.org/news/2017/01/04/urging-millions-rise-trump-foes-issue-call-resist-fascism