My Stuff

https://umass-my.sharepoint.com/:f:/g/personal/rwolff_umass_edu/EkxJV79tnlBDol82i7bXs7gBAUHadkylrmLgWbXv2nYq_A?e=UcbbW0

Coming Soon:

The following books by Robert Paul Wolff are available on Amazon.com as e-books: KANT'S THEORY OF MENTAL ACTIVITY, THE AUTONOMY OF REASON, UNDERSTANDING MARX, UNDERSTANDING RAWLS, THE POVERTY OF LIBERALISM, A LIFE IN THE ACADEMY, MONEYBAGS MUST BE SO LUCKY, AN INTRODUCTION TO THE USE OF FORMAL METHODS IN POLITICAL PHILOSOPHY.
Now Available: Volumes I, II, III, and IV of the Collected Published and Unpublished Papers.

NOW AVAILABLE ON YOUTUBE: LECTURES ON KANT'S CRITIQUE OF PURE REASON. To view the lectures, go to YouTube and search for "Robert Paul Wolff Kant." There they will be.

NOW AVAILABLE ON YOUTUBE: LECTURES ON THE THOUGHT OF KARL MARX. To view the lectures, go to YouTube and search for Robert Paul Wolff Marx."





Total Pageviews

Thursday, January 19, 2017

THE MARCH

Here is the official list of speakers at the Women's March in Washington on Saturday.  I suspect I won't get close enough to hear any of them, but I will be there.

Cecile Richards, president, Planned Parenthood Federation of America
Erika Andiola, activist
Ilyasah Shabazz, activist
J. Bob Alotta, activist and filmmaker
Janet Mock, activist, writer, and television host
LaDonna Harris, activist
Maryum Ali, activist
Melanie Campbell, activist
Rabbi Sharon Brous
Rhea Suh, activist
Sister Simone Campbell, attorney
Sophie Cruz, activist
Zahra Billoo, activist
America Ferrera, actress
Angela Davis, activist, scholar, author
Gloria Steinem, activist
Ashley Judd, actress and activist
Scarlett Johansson, actress
Melissa Harris-Perry, television host
Michael Moore, filmmaker
Amanda Nguyen, activist
Randi Weingarten, attorney
Van Jones, television host
George Gresham, activist
Mothers of the Movement (Sybrina Fulton, Lucia McBath, Maria Hamilton, Gwen Carr), activists
Hina Naveed, activist
Judith Le Blanc (Caddo), activist
Kristin Rowe-Finkbeiner, author and activist
Aida Hurtado, psychologist
Melissa Mays, activist
Raquel Willis, activist and writer
Rosyln Brock, activist
Sister Ieasha Prime, activist
The Honorable Muriel Bowser, mayor of Washington, D.C.
Ai-jen Poo, activist
Wendy Carrillo, activist
Dr. Cynthia Hale, pastor

Tamika Mallory, Carmen Perez, Linda Sarsour, Bob Bland, Women’s March co-chairs

4 comments:

s. wallerstein said...

So many speakers! Am I the only one who gets easily bored when more or less the same message is repeated again and again?

Angela Davis is very very intelligent and Michael Moore can be funny (not always), and probably there are a few people worth listening to in the list whom I don't know.

I don't like crowds, I have been bored by sermons since I was a very small child and thus, I rejoice that you (Professor Wolff) suggests that each do what they do best and feel most comfortable about doing to advance political struggle.

I'll stick to debating ideas, online and off. I definitely prefer teach-ins with one or two well-informed lecturers to marches.

Robert Paul Wolff said...

I'm with you. I don't plan to listen to any of the speeches. I am going as an act of defiance and in order to prove to myself that I am not all talk. The only thing about the march that matters on Saturday is whether it is bigger than the Inauguration crowd.

s. wallerstein said...

There's nothing wrong with being all talk.

You can convince a lot of people with your blog or at a teach-in. Politics is about convincing others, at least in part.

Utopian Yuri said...

different topic: looks like our revolution will be taking over the california democratic party: http://thehill.com/homenews/state-watch/315040-sanders-backers-take-over-california-democratic-party