My Stuff

https://umass-my.sharepoint.com/:f:/g/personal/rwolff_umass_edu/EkxJV79tnlBDol82i7bXs7gBAUHadkylrmLgWbXv2nYq_A?e=UcbbW0

Coming Soon:

The following books by Robert Paul Wolff are available on Amazon.com as e-books: KANT'S THEORY OF MENTAL ACTIVITY, THE AUTONOMY OF REASON, UNDERSTANDING MARX, UNDERSTANDING RAWLS, THE POVERTY OF LIBERALISM, A LIFE IN THE ACADEMY, MONEYBAGS MUST BE SO LUCKY, AN INTRODUCTION TO THE USE OF FORMAL METHODS IN POLITICAL PHILOSOPHY.
Now Available: Volumes I, II, III, and IV of the Collected Published and Unpublished Papers.

NOW AVAILABLE ON YOUTUBE: LECTURES ON KANT'S CRITIQUE OF PURE REASON. To view the lectures, go to YouTube and search for "Robert Paul Wolff Kant." There they will be.

NOW AVAILABLE ON YOUTUBE: LECTURES ON THE THOUGHT OF KARL MARX. To view the lectures, go to YouTube and search for Robert Paul Wolff Marx."





Total Pageviews

Thursday, September 3, 2015

HUMBLE THANKS

NotHobbes and NoComment have honored me by responding with great generosity to my self-indulgent post  "Donald Winnicott and Me."  My thanks to both of them.  I have followed NotHobbes' progress for some years now, and was even privileged to read his impressively scholarly Master's Essay on a topic in Scottish history hitherto entirely unknown to me.  Both of them have reminded me of what I ought not to have needed to be reminded, that for a writer, any writer, what matters is not numbers of books sold nor royalty receipts nor even prizes and honors, but rather the opportunity to reach out to and touch a man or woman or child somewhere in the world with one's words.  How long after I am gone will my words continue to find reception?  That scarcely matters, considering that the entire human comedy is just the story of one mid-sized mammal in the latter Cenezoic Era.

As Jesus says in the Sermon on the Mount, Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof

No comments: