My Stuff

https://umass-my.sharepoint.com/:f:/g/personal/rwolff_umass_edu/EkxJV79tnlBDol82i7bXs7gBAUHadkylrmLgWbXv2nYq_A?e=UcbbW0

Coming Soon:

The following books by Robert Paul Wolff are available on Amazon.com as e-books: KANT'S THEORY OF MENTAL ACTIVITY, THE AUTONOMY OF REASON, UNDERSTANDING MARX, UNDERSTANDING RAWLS, THE POVERTY OF LIBERALISM, A LIFE IN THE ACADEMY, MONEYBAGS MUST BE SO LUCKY, AN INTRODUCTION TO THE USE OF FORMAL METHODS IN POLITICAL PHILOSOPHY.
Now Available: Volumes I, II, III, and IV of the Collected Published and Unpublished Papers.

NOW AVAILABLE ON YOUTUBE: LECTURES ON KANT'S CRITIQUE OF PURE REASON. To view the lectures, go to YouTube and search for "Robert Paul Wolff Kant." There they will be.

NOW AVAILABLE ON YOUTUBE: LECTURES ON THE THOUGHT OF KARL MARX. To view the lectures, go to YouTube and search for Robert Paul Wolff Marx."





Total Pageviews

Monday, August 21, 2017

AT LAST, A RELIABLE MEASURE OF MY FAME

Something called ALEXA measures the standing of each blog site, according to its hits, I guess.  The Huffington Post ranks 273rd.  This blog, you will be excited to learn, is ranked 4,909,739!  So be careful what you say.  The world is watching.

6 comments:

levinebar said...

Our FEC has documented that Trump hired actors to feign enthusiasm at his political rallies. I don't doubt that many of the high-ranked 'blogs have 'bots to inflate their reported readership. Such a metric is much more easily faked than the discussions you provoke here.

Moncler outlet said...

It's a shame you don't have a donate button! I'd certainly donate to this outstanding blog! I suppose for now i'll settle for bookmarking and adding your RSS feed to my Google account. I look forward to brand new updates and will share this website with my Facebook group. Talk soon! My blog: Moncler outlet

Jerry Brown said...

Philosopher's Stone is in my top twenty if that is any consolation. Tell me though, were you having some kidney ailment when you named this blog?

Robert Paul Wolff said...

Just trying to turn lead into gold. :)

Matt said...

There are techniques that lots of blogs use to drive up hit in a sort of phony way (usually in ways that help increase ad revenue.) Some have features the cause the page to load over and over (often w/o you noticing but when you try to back out, you'll note that the page lookes like it's been loaded a dozen time or something.) Others put the posts all "below the fold" so you have to click forward, and then back, and then forward, again to read things. I'm sure there are others. Obviously, you're not doing this for the ad money, but even beyond that, those things make a blog less readable. I find them really annoying and appreciate the easy, simple lay-out.

Robert Paul Wolff said...

Good Lord! I am truly, as Mark twain said, an innocent abroad.