My Stuff

https://umass-my.sharepoint.com/:f:/g/personal/rwolff_umass_edu/EkxJV79tnlBDol82i7bXs7gBAUHadkylrmLgWbXv2nYq_A?e=UcbbW0

Coming Soon:

The following books by Robert Paul Wolff are available on Amazon.com as e-books: KANT'S THEORY OF MENTAL ACTIVITY, THE AUTONOMY OF REASON, UNDERSTANDING MARX, UNDERSTANDING RAWLS, THE POVERTY OF LIBERALISM, A LIFE IN THE ACADEMY, MONEYBAGS MUST BE SO LUCKY, AN INTRODUCTION TO THE USE OF FORMAL METHODS IN POLITICAL PHILOSOPHY.
Now Available: Volumes I, II, III, and IV of the Collected Published and Unpublished Papers.

NOW AVAILABLE ON YOUTUBE: LECTURES ON KANT'S CRITIQUE OF PURE REASON. To view the lectures, go to YouTube and search for "Robert Paul Wolff Kant." There they will be.

NOW AVAILABLE ON YOUTUBE: LECTURES ON THE THOUGHT OF KARL MARX. To view the lectures, go to YouTube and search for Robert Paul Wolff Marx."





Total Pageviews

Friday, July 26, 2019

NEW FRIDAY LISTS #1


New Friday List #1

Howard Berman:        Sent an email both to Senator Warren and the DNC suggesting strategies for toppling Trump.

Christopher Krull:   his week I emailed my Senator, Ben Sasse, regarding the
administration's new asylum rule.  I also called my congressman, Don Bacon, to ask why he did not vote in the affirmative on the resolution regarding Trump's racist tweets.

Tom Cathcart:  I haven't done a lot lately, other than smallish donations to Buttigieg and Amy McGrath in her race against the despicable McConnell. Also, I've given a bit of money to Planned Parenthood and groups supporting the immigrant children in detention. This week I wrote a grant application for the local immigrant defense network.

David Palmeter:  I currently make three small monthly contributions through Act Blue: (1) to the DLCC, which supports candidates for state legislatures; (2) to Elizabeth Guzman, a first term member of the Virginia House of Delegates; (3) to Rep. Jared Golden, Maine 2nd District.  Guzman was one of three candidates in 2017 that Bernie recommended via Our Revolution. I’ve been impressed with her organizational effort and have given her campaign $10 per month since 2017. She was the first Latina to serve in the Virginia House and is up for reelection this November.  Golden is the young man who, in 2018, flipped a Republican House seat in Maine in a district Trump carried. This was the election in which Maine tried ranked voting. Golden came in second on the first round, with slightly more than 48% of the vote; the Republican also was at 48% but with a small fractional advantage. Golden won when the Green Party second choices were distributed. He is likely to face a strong Republican challenge in 2020.

Charles Perkins:  I have, installed a yard sign, bought three bumper stickers for Elizabeth Warren (one on my computer, two on my car), and I have set up an automatic donation of $25 dollars to her campaign. 

David:    Here are my recent activities:

  1. Twice I called my member of Congress, Pramila Jayapal. First I called her Seattle office, where a staff member advised me to call her DC office if I wanted to discuss detailed policy concerns. The next day I called her DC office.
  2. I voted. We're having local off-year elections (county council, mayor, school board), and as we have all vote-by-mail here (free postage!), I popped my ballot in the mail box a couple weeks before the deadline.
  3. I contacted an old activist friend and made a date to discuss his current work. This may not sound like much, but I have become increasingly lethargic since the mid-terms and I'm looking for some inspiration from an old political comrade.

Guest:  Anonymous:  I live in the UK but I've been campaigning against Boris Johnson, who is pretty much the same person as Trump

Robert Paul Wolff:     I called both of my senators [Burr and Tillis Ugh] to urge them to support legislation to protect our elections [good luck.]  I made my recurring $6 donation to Bernie, and made a one time $500 donation to Warren.  I  signed up with the North Chatham Democratic Party to work in the 2020 elections.  And I restarted the Friday Lists.

4 comments:

Christopher J. Mulvaney, Ph.D. said...

As my friend Bob Higgins (a fellow UMASS polisci guy) noted, Boris could be Moe Howard's son. Yuck, Yuck, Yuck! [Moe Howard is the Moe of Moe, Larry and Curly of the Tree Stooges]

Anonymous said...

Ha! On a similar comic note, it's too bad Graham Chapman (of Monty Python fame) is deceased. He kind of looks the part, and could probably muster a good parody of Boris.

TheDudeDiogenes said...

I commented on "Reminder", which I will copy here: I've donated 8 times to Bernie's campaign since 2/22/19 (including recurring monthly donations starting in May - i.e 3/8).

Robert Paul Wolff said...

You are at the top of the second list