My Stuff

https://umass-my.sharepoint.com/:f:/g/personal/rwolff_umass_edu/EkxJV79tnlBDol82i7bXs7gBAUHadkylrmLgWbXv2nYq_A?e=UcbbW0

Coming Soon:

The following books by Robert Paul Wolff are available on Amazon.com as e-books: KANT'S THEORY OF MENTAL ACTIVITY, THE AUTONOMY OF REASON, UNDERSTANDING MARX, UNDERSTANDING RAWLS, THE POVERTY OF LIBERALISM, A LIFE IN THE ACADEMY, MONEYBAGS MUST BE SO LUCKY, AN INTRODUCTION TO THE USE OF FORMAL METHODS IN POLITICAL PHILOSOPHY.
Now Available: Volumes I, II, III, and IV of the Collected Published and Unpublished Papers.

NOW AVAILABLE ON YOUTUBE: LECTURES ON KANT'S CRITIQUE OF PURE REASON. To view the lectures, go to YouTube and search for "Robert Paul Wolff Kant." There they will be.

NOW AVAILABLE ON YOUTUBE: LECTURES ON THE THOUGHT OF KARL MARX. To view the lectures, go to YouTube and search for Robert Paul Wolff Marx."





Total Pageviews

Tuesday, September 21, 2021

SAD NEWS, TERRIBLE NEWS

Just a moment ago, I learned that Charles Mills died yesterday evening. Charles was a wonderful man, a brilliant philosopher, the author of a book, The Racial Contract, that I believe is one of the most important pieces of political philosophy of the 20th century. I shall be assigning it in the course I am teaching in the UNC philosophy department next semester. Charles was only 70, far too young to leave us. I could tell stories about Charles but this is not the time. In the midst of a devastating pandemic and a crumbling American political system, with global warming upon us and crushing inequality everywhere we look, it is a small personal loss that hurts the most.

4 comments:

Jordan said...

I was sad to see the news, too.

I for one would certainly love to hear your stories of him, once you feel up to it.

Jim said...

Professor Wolff --

As I have noted previously on this blog, you were the one who made me aware of the work of Professor Mills. Consequently, I now incorporate The Racial Contract into my classes. Thank you.

-- Jim

F Lengyel said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Maris Ferguson said...

I was diagnosed of herpes 3 years, and ever since then i have been taking treatment to prevent outbreaks, burning and blisters, but there was no improvement until i came across testimonies of DR. USELU on how he has been curing different people from different diseases all over the world, then i contacted him. After our conversation he sent me the medicine which I took according to his instructions for up to 2 weeks. After completing the medication I went back to my doctor for another test and the virus was all gone and I was completely cured, since then I have not had any signs of outbreak. I'm so filled with joy. With herbal medication Herpes Virus is 100% curable. I refer { DR.USELU } to everyone out there with the virus. Email: dr.uselucaregvier@gmail.com Add DR. USELU on whats App +2347052898482