My Stuff

https://umass-my.sharepoint.com/:f:/g/personal/rwolff_umass_edu/EkxJV79tnlBDol82i7bXs7gBAUHadkylrmLgWbXv2nYq_A?e=UcbbW0

Coming Soon:

The following books by Robert Paul Wolff are available on Amazon.com as e-books: KANT'S THEORY OF MENTAL ACTIVITY, THE AUTONOMY OF REASON, UNDERSTANDING MARX, UNDERSTANDING RAWLS, THE POVERTY OF LIBERALISM, A LIFE IN THE ACADEMY, MONEYBAGS MUST BE SO LUCKY, AN INTRODUCTION TO THE USE OF FORMAL METHODS IN POLITICAL PHILOSOPHY.
Now Available: Volumes I, II, III, and IV of the Collected Published and Unpublished Papers.

NOW AVAILABLE ON YOUTUBE: LECTURES ON KANT'S CRITIQUE OF PURE REASON. To view the lectures, go to YouTube and search for "Robert Paul Wolff Kant." There they will be.

NOW AVAILABLE ON YOUTUBE: LECTURES ON THE THOUGHT OF KARL MARX. To view the lectures, go to YouTube and search for Robert Paul Wolff Marx."





Total Pageviews

Sunday, July 16, 2023

STILL

 here

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Boring stuff.

John Rapko said...

Answer: 'Still here.'

Question: 'What did the revenuer say when he found the source of the moonshine?'

LFC said...

Yesterday someone sent me a link to an excerpt of a memoir by Martin Peretz - not one of RPW's fav people I think, or mine - though I don't know him personally. I'm pressed for time but may put up the link later.

Robert Paul Wolff said...

He was an irritating little wannabe when I knew him and neither age nor money improved him!

LFC said...

The excerpt in question deals with his time at Harvard starting as a grad student and contains a couple of amusing things, but I think rather than giving it publicity here w the link, I may email you the link directly and then you can decide what to do with it, if anything. Will email later today or prob this evening.

Christopher J. Mulvaney, Ph.D. said...


John Rapko,
Did I hear a rimshot?

LFC said...

Changed my mind. Here's the link, but esp. given the identity of the author, all the usual caveats apply. Also, the title of the excerpt is slightly misleading -- it describes one theme, but there are bits that have little or nothing to do with that theme.


here

John Rapko said...

Christopher J. Mulvaney, Ph.D.:

I was inspired to try my hand at an old-school-type joke after watching Norm Macdonald rip a couple. Example from Macdonald: Husband to Wife: Jeez, I just looked in the mirror and all I could see was a fat, ugly, old man. I'm depressed. Honey, can you say something nice about me that's true? Wife: Your eyesight is perfect.

Eric said...

Antony Blinken interned for The New Republic.
https://www.nytimes.com/2011/01/30/magazine/30Peretz-t.html