My Stuff

https://umass-my.sharepoint.com/:f:/g/personal/rwolff_umass_edu/EkxJV79tnlBDol82i7bXs7gBAUHadkylrmLgWbXv2nYq_A?e=UcbbW0

Coming Soon:

The following books by Robert Paul Wolff are available on Amazon.com as e-books: KANT'S THEORY OF MENTAL ACTIVITY, THE AUTONOMY OF REASON, UNDERSTANDING MARX, UNDERSTANDING RAWLS, THE POVERTY OF LIBERALISM, A LIFE IN THE ACADEMY, MONEYBAGS MUST BE SO LUCKY, AN INTRODUCTION TO THE USE OF FORMAL METHODS IN POLITICAL PHILOSOPHY.
Now Available: Volumes I, II, III, and IV of the Collected Published and Unpublished Papers.

NOW AVAILABLE ON YOUTUBE: LECTURES ON KANT'S CRITIQUE OF PURE REASON. To view the lectures, go to YouTube and search for "Robert Paul Wolff Kant." There they will be.

NOW AVAILABLE ON YOUTUBE: LECTURES ON THE THOUGHT OF KARL MARX. To view the lectures, go to YouTube and search for Robert Paul Wolff Marx."





Total Pageviews

Thursday, March 29, 2018

I NEED SOME HELP

I am trying to sort out my papers.  I want to set up a file drawer in which there is a separate file folder for each of the papers I have published, labeled with the title.  I can buy a bunch of file folders, and I can buy some sheets of peel and stick labels, but I cannot find a little program that will permit me to type onto a regular WORD page the titles of the papers, and then print that on the sheet of labels so that the titles are appropriately centered on the labels.  I am supposed to be able to do that in WORD, in the Mailings section, but I cannot seem to configure it.  Obviously there must be a thousand ways to do this.

Any suggestions?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've used these links in the past for solving such problems:

https://www.techwalla.com/articles/how-to-make-file-folder-labels-in-microsoft-word

http://smallbusiness.chron.com/create-print-file-holder-labels-using-word-54734.html

RedRosa said...

I sent you a template via the email address on the blog. I hope it helps!

Anonymous said...

Also look on the label manufacturer's website. They usually have Word templates and help on how to use them.

DDA said...

It's pretty simple since you don't want to bother with Mail Merge, which is overkill. In Word click on the Tools item, then click on Labels. There will a clickable item called Options, which lets you choose (assuming you have bought a box of Avery labels) Avery as the brand and then you choose from a giant list of Avery products identified by their product number. Once you pick and click a couple of OKs then you'll have a document that looks like the label sheet. Simply type in each label area on the screen--use the tab key to move between labels. It's MUCH simpler to do than describe. I made a screen shot movie of me doing it which I'm going to mail to you. Let me know if it's in a good format for you.