My Stuff

https://umass-my.sharepoint.com/:f:/g/personal/rwolff_umass_edu/EkxJV79tnlBDol82i7bXs7gBAUHadkylrmLgWbXv2nYq_A?e=UcbbW0

Coming Soon:

The following books by Robert Paul Wolff are available on Amazon.com as e-books: KANT'S THEORY OF MENTAL ACTIVITY, THE AUTONOMY OF REASON, UNDERSTANDING MARX, UNDERSTANDING RAWLS, THE POVERTY OF LIBERALISM, A LIFE IN THE ACADEMY, MONEYBAGS MUST BE SO LUCKY, AN INTRODUCTION TO THE USE OF FORMAL METHODS IN POLITICAL PHILOSOPHY.
Now Available: Volumes I, II, III, and IV of the Collected Published and Unpublished Papers.

NOW AVAILABLE ON YOUTUBE: LECTURES ON KANT'S CRITIQUE OF PURE REASON. To view the lectures, go to YouTube and search for "Robert Paul Wolff Kant." There they will be.

NOW AVAILABLE ON YOUTUBE: LECTURES ON THE THOUGHT OF KARL MARX. To view the lectures, go to YouTube and search for Robert Paul Wolff Marx."





Total Pageviews

Thursday, October 28, 2021

GOOD NEWS

Well, Columbia did not want my graduate course called Marx, Freud, Marcuse: Thesis, Anthithesis, Synthesis.  But UNC does, so I will be teaching it in spring of 2022. It should be a blast.


What is more, I did a trial run to Caldwell Hall this morning and made it up the steep stairs to the second floor where I will be teaching starting January. I will not say it was easy, but I made it all the way up and all the way down.


One of the odd side effects of Parkinson's disease is that my voice is now rather soft and wearing a mask, I was concerned whether students would be able to hear me, so I am getting a headset that connects without a cord to a speaker.  When I went looking for it on Amazon it popped right up, advertised as useful for teachers during the pandemic. I do not like Jeff Bezos but  you have to admit he has made life a great deal easier.

6 comments:

Maris Ferguson said...

I was diagnosed of herpes 3 years, and ever since then i have been taking treatment to prevent outbreaks, burning and blisters, but there was no improvement until i came across testimonies of DR. USELU on how he has been curing different people from different diseases all over the world, then i contacted him. After our conversation he sent me the medicine which I took according to his instructions for up to 2 weeks. After completing the medication I went back to my doctor for another test and the virus was all gone and I was completely cured, since then I have not had any signs of outbreak. I'm so filled with joy. With herbal medication Herpes Virus is 100% curable. I refer { DR.USELU } to everyone out there with the virus. Email: dr.uselucaregvier@gmail.com Add DR. USELU on whats App +234 7052898482

Anonymous said...

Dr. Wolf: I've been enjoying your series of lectures on Kant's Critique of Pure Reason on youtube. Thank you for making such excellent content available.

M.Reinhard said...

Correction: It was the workers of Amazon that have made life a great deal easier.

Anonymous said...

In your lectures of the Critique you didn't seem too keen on Hegel, what gives?

Achim Kriechel (A.K.) said...

With regard to Jeff Bezos, we probably have different opinions about whether he makes life easier with his Amazon platform. I guess it depends on your perspective. But I would agree with you if you said that Bozos and his company are just a symptom.

I have to confess that I actually didn't notice Charles W. Mills. When the name came up here, he was completely unknown to me. In the meantime, however, I believe that this is a general phenomenon. He is not known in Germany. There are no translations and the archives I searched yield almost nothing. Not even the 'Merkur' (German magazine for European thought) has anything on Mills in its archives. Only one obituary I could find. Is he perhaps too unpleasant for the intellectual scene here? Or is the Atlantic now even wider than it has already become in the last decade? Prof. Wolff did your flight to Paris take longer than before?

In the meantime I have listened to several hours of his lectures on Youtube (Tanner and Provost Lectures and Interviews). Of course, this is thin soup compared to books and one wonders how much one didn't understand or misunderstood). But it gave me an impression. I must say that political theories that work with "thought experiments" and with the metaphor of a "contract" cause me problems. The former, in my eyes, rarely show in a comprehensible way how the way looks like when you close the door behind you and go out on the street. The latter, the contract theories, rarely indicate who opened the door and who sat at the table and signed.

MORGAN BARROW said...

Oral herpes is a bothering virus, but overcoming is possible,I was diagnosed with genital herpes type 1 (hsv1),i contacted Dr voodoo his Email voodoospelltemple66@gmail.com for treatment where i heard and read about Dr. voodoo on a forum. After Three weeks of herbal medication i went for test and i was tested negative from Herpes thank you Doctor,Here is Dr voodoo WhatsApp's number +2348140120719