My Stuff

https://umass-my.sharepoint.com/:f:/g/personal/rwolff_umass_edu/EkxJV79tnlBDol82i7bXs7gBAUHadkylrmLgWbXv2nYq_A?e=UcbbW0

Coming Soon:

The following books by Robert Paul Wolff are available on Amazon.com as e-books: KANT'S THEORY OF MENTAL ACTIVITY, THE AUTONOMY OF REASON, UNDERSTANDING MARX, UNDERSTANDING RAWLS, THE POVERTY OF LIBERALISM, A LIFE IN THE ACADEMY, MONEYBAGS MUST BE SO LUCKY, AN INTRODUCTION TO THE USE OF FORMAL METHODS IN POLITICAL PHILOSOPHY.
Now Available: Volumes I, II, III, and IV of the Collected Published and Unpublished Papers.

NOW AVAILABLE ON YOUTUBE: LECTURES ON KANT'S CRITIQUE OF PURE REASON. To view the lectures, go to YouTube and search for "Robert Paul Wolff Kant." There they will be.

NOW AVAILABLE ON YOUTUBE: LECTURES ON THE THOUGHT OF KARL MARX. To view the lectures, go to YouTube and search for Robert Paul Wolff Marx."





Total Pageviews

Friday, April 15, 2022

PASSING THE TIME

Yesterday I made the last of the visits that I arranged by zoom to take the place of the course I could not teach at UNC. No two of the visits were similar and all were delightful. I started by making an appearance in an undergraduate course at Laurentian University in Canada. Then I spent time with senior citizens in an education – in – retirement program in Eugene, Oregon. On Monday of this week, I joined a small group of undergraduates in a philosophy club at a community college just south and west of Hartford, Connecticut. And yesterday, I spent two hours teaching a session of a graduate philosophy/law course at Georgia State University in Atlanta.

 

North, South, East, and West, all without leaving my study here at Carolina Meadows.

 

Meanwhile, Kentucky effectively ends all abortions, and more than half of the states prepare to do the same. If this does not provoke a landslide of political opposition in the upcoming midterm elections, then we are sunk.

2 comments:

aaall said...

It sounds like this was a win - win. Rather then risk in person contacts, perhaps this would be the best way to go in the fall. You have a lot to contribute, so a little caution perhaps? Hope you have your fourth shot.

tenacitus said...

I passed through Georgia State University last time I was in Atlanta, looking for my mother who had ghosted her family. I liked the campus and the diversity in the student body