My Stuff

https://umass-my.sharepoint.com/:f:/g/personal/rwolff_umass_edu/EkxJV79tnlBDol82i7bXs7gBAUHadkylrmLgWbXv2nYq_A?e=UcbbW0

Coming Soon:

The following books by Robert Paul Wolff are available on Amazon.com as e-books: KANT'S THEORY OF MENTAL ACTIVITY, THE AUTONOMY OF REASON, UNDERSTANDING MARX, UNDERSTANDING RAWLS, THE POVERTY OF LIBERALISM, A LIFE IN THE ACADEMY, MONEYBAGS MUST BE SO LUCKY, AN INTRODUCTION TO THE USE OF FORMAL METHODS IN POLITICAL PHILOSOPHY.
Now Available: Volumes I, II, III, and IV of the Collected Published and Unpublished Papers.

NOW AVAILABLE ON YOUTUBE: LECTURES ON KANT'S CRITIQUE OF PURE REASON. To view the lectures, go to YouTube and search for "Robert Paul Wolff Kant." There they will be.

NOW AVAILABLE ON YOUTUBE: LECTURES ON THE THOUGHT OF KARL MARX. To view the lectures, go to YouTube and search for Robert Paul Wolff Marx."





Total Pageviews

Monday, September 18, 2023

SEE YOU TOMORROW

 I had a bad night and ran a fever so I am going to get a Covid test.  See you tomorrow.

5 comments:

David Zimmerman said...

Oh dear.... stay well.

Charles Pigden said...

Look after yourself Professor Wolff

Michael Llenos said...

I'm hoping to get the new shot when it becomes available. Take care.

Michael Llenos said...

Here's some indirect advice in Plutarch's Life of Antony:

"Accordingly, on one occasion, as a physician was making too bold and giving much annoyance to them as they supped, Philotas stopped his mouth with some such sophism as this: ‘To the patient who is somewhat feverish cold water must be given; but everyone who has a fever is somewhat feverish; therefore to everyone who has a fever cold water should be given.’"

This is the exact same passage that Benjamin Franklin writes about in his Autobiography that inspired him to get rid of his fever, although he forgot that it was Antony's biography that the passage was originally written in.

I had kidney stone problems & pain in my back for several years, and even pain in my back after a successful kidney stone operation. Then I added one to two apples each day to my diet, and each day I try to jump up thirty times like the Maasai Tribe do in Kenya & my pain is virtually gone. I got the idea because the Maasai mostly just eat blood and milk every day. And too much milk will create kidney stones from too much calcium. I believe they were really blessed to get that idea to jump around.

charles Lamana said...

Professor Wolff, be prepared for a possible three weeks of COVID until you test negative. I had it and the main symptom was feeling very tired. There is a medication that could hasten the recovery time. Paxlovid. Ask your doctor if it is appropriate for you and consider seeing if your wife may also take it as soon as she tests positive if she hopefully does not. Also, Do you know for sure that you have COVID? Feel better soon whatever you have.