My Stuff

https://umass-my.sharepoint.com/:f:/g/personal/rwolff_umass_edu/EkxJV79tnlBDol82i7bXs7gBAUHadkylrmLgWbXv2nYq_A?e=UcbbW0

Coming Soon:

The following books by Robert Paul Wolff are available on Amazon.com as e-books: KANT'S THEORY OF MENTAL ACTIVITY, THE AUTONOMY OF REASON, UNDERSTANDING MARX, UNDERSTANDING RAWLS, THE POVERTY OF LIBERALISM, A LIFE IN THE ACADEMY, MONEYBAGS MUST BE SO LUCKY, AN INTRODUCTION TO THE USE OF FORMAL METHODS IN POLITICAL PHILOSOPHY.
Now Available: Volumes I, II, III, and IV of the Collected Published and Unpublished Papers.

NOW AVAILABLE ON YOUTUBE: LECTURES ON KANT'S CRITIQUE OF PURE REASON. To view the lectures, go to YouTube and search for "Robert Paul Wolff Kant." There they will be.

NOW AVAILABLE ON YOUTUBE: LECTURES ON THE THOUGHT OF KARL MARX. To view the lectures, go to YouTube and search for Robert Paul Wolff Marx."





Total Pageviews

Saturday, May 16, 2020

THANK YOU

A number of you responded to my request for suggestions as to where I might donate to support food efforts.  I had no basis for choosing among them, so I gave $100 to each.  Thank you.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

thank you

David Palmeter said...

I enjoyed the first lecture very much, and am looking forward to the rest. You mentioned a biography of Hume, but I didn’t catch the name of the author. I have Mossner’s second edition. The book contains the most poignant dedication I think I’ve ever seen. The first edition, published in 1954 is “To a young David in the hope that he, too, will never lose faith in the dignity of human nature.” When the book was reprinted in 1970, an additional dedication was added: “In memory of a young David who died in combat in the faith and dignity of man.” 58,000 Americans killed in Vietnam. Tell me again, what did the country gain from that?

Robert Paul Wolff said...

David, I have the second edition [or printing] also, but I confess I never looked at the dedication page until now. What indeed?

My sister says hello.

Nat. P said...

Will the Hume lecture be uploaded to YouTube? Not all of us could watch it.

Thank you

Anonymous said...

yes, I didn´t had acces, I´ve connected at 2.15 pm "eastern usa hour" (i´m in europe, portugal) but zoom just put the message "waiting for the authorization of the host"

what went wrong?